Upwave is the Brand Intelligence Platform. We make brand marketing more impactful.
Upwave plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. With our Brand Campaign Measurement and Instant Insights products, we provide a software & data platform to the world’s largest brand marketers.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals - including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services - as well as the world’s largest advertising agencies and media platforms.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they’ll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we’re proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show enterprises the true effectiveness of their brand spend.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading MarTech founders & CEOs.
We’re a humble but ambitious team that takes its work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
What you will do:
Upwave is looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer who can support our senior level sales team across the US, assisting with six and seven figure SaaS deals selling to the world's most sophisticated brands and agency marketers as well as the largest platform and publishers. The sales team is the engine for Upwave’s business which is experiencing double digit annual growth. Our Brand Intelligence Platform is sold to, implemented, and leveraged by large holding company agencies, large multinational brands and online publishers who rely on us to do their job effectively. The sales team is running complex sales cycles with a very technical product and need active support in meeting and post meeting follow up. The right candidate will partner with sales, sales leadership, customer success, engineering, data science and product to be successful in this role. This is an individual contributor role that is critical to Upwave’s future success.
How You Will Make an Impact
You will be the first Upwave Solutions Engineer so you will be tasked with the huge opportunity to evangelize to and educate a hungry market.
- You don’t shy away from challenges, and can function autonomously in an unstructured environment
- You’re fired up for the opportunity to be an early in-market face of the company and immediately make waves
- You thrive at being involved with and supporting multiple month technical sales cycles
- You’ll be a voice for prospects and our future customers internally, and help shape cross-functional processes to serve their needs
- You will invest the time to truly understand our prospects and customer’s needs, then communicate precisely to our internal teams on how we can best serve them
- You understand the changing landscape of PII, cookies and IDFA and can clearly explain how these challenges affect the Ad Tech and Marketing Technology ecosystem
- You know what OTT, Addressable TV, Linear TV are
- You’re a digital native: programmatic marketing and technology platforms linking buy and sell side platforms are familiar to you
- You understand the politics in the media world that exist between brand, agency, and network/publisher sell-side and can read a (Zoom) room
- You do not shy away from complex and technical conversations. You can quickly digest information and respond in an accurate and concise manner.
- You engage with customers with a focus on metrics, data and action. When faced with customers focused on bottom funnel metrics like CPCV, CPM, Viewability or CPA you can help tie those bottom funnel metrics back to a bigger picture
- You value quality of work over quantity, and strategy is an integral part of your sales cycle. Hustle is in your DNA.
- At the end of the day, your goal is to provide the best and most informed customer experience and support revenue
- You have experience in supporting a multi-meeting enterprise sales cycle with multiple senior level internal and external stake-holders
- You have been successful partnering with senior sales people in closing software subscription contracts in the Adtech software and platforms.
- You understand the AdTech and Marketing Tech ecosystem and how the technical puzzle pieces fit together
- You understand measurement methodology, analytics and advanced marketing statistics
- You have the ability to educate prospects on the technical aspects of the Upwave platform and act as the domain expert
- You can arrange and conduct in-person (when safe to do so) & web-based meetings as necessary to support pre-sales activities (e.g., discovery, requirements analysis, presentation/demonstration, etc.) with customers and prospects
- The startup world is not foreign to you. You know how to support a software platform without a huge name behind you and more importantly you understand and appreciate how processes can be ever-changing and ambiguity can be the norm. You are a self-starter, can find answers yourself, and don’t always need someone to show you what to do next
- You will research new industry trends and threats, technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable to Upwave
- You are on a constant hunt to deepen your knowledge and enjoy collaborating cross functionally
- This is an individual contributor role, but you value teamwork
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills to both business and technical audiences
- You have a demonstrated quantitative ability, such as statistics or analytics
- You have experience in digital media and advertising measurement
- 5+ years' Pre and or Post-sales experience or equivalent, ideally focused on/within the Adtech and/or MarketingTech industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.