Senior Manager FP&A
Upwave is the Brand Intelligence Platform. We make brand marketing more impactful.
Upwave plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. We provide a software & data platform to the world’s largest brand marketers.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals - including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services - as well as the world’s largest advertising agencies and media platforms.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they’ll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we’re proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show enterprises the true effectiveness of their brand spend.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading MarTech founders & CEOs.
We’re a humble but ambitious team that takes its work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
What you will do:
- Lead and own annual planning processes, board financial reporting, and monthly rolling forecasts
- Partner with leadership team to support strategic decision making by providing data-driven insights, developing financial models & analyses, and creating dashboards of key financial metrics and operating KPIs
- Drive the monthly financial review process, conducting budget vs actual variance analysis and updating forecasts accordingly
- Develop ad-hoc analyses, reporting and model scenarios to evaluate strategic and operating initiatives as needed
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure alignment between forecasts and key accounting treatment/policies
- You have 6+ years of experience in corporate finance, FP&A, or investment banking including 2+ years working at a startup or enterprise software company
- You are an expert in Excel - you build scalable and intuitive models with ease and speed
- You can turn financial and data analysis into concise presentations of actionable insights
- You have a solid understanding of accounting concepts and financial statements
- You have a rigorous attention to detail and are highly organized
- You have strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills
- You have excellent communication skills - you are very comfortable collaborating and communicating with both cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- You take on a high level of ownership of assigned tasks and relentlessly drive projects to completion
- You are a self-starter, team player and able to work in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Familiarity with NetSuite
- Experience with marketing / advertising technology
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.