Upwave is the Brand Intelligence Platform. We make brand marketing more impactful.
Upwave plans, measures, and optimizes brand marketing. With our Brand Campaign Measurement and Instant Insights products, we provide a software & data platform to the world’s largest brand marketers.
Our customers are Fortune 500 companies across multiple verticals - including CPG, food & beverage, consumer technology & telecom, and financial services - as well as the world’s largest advertising agencies and media platforms.
We are unapologetically supportive of brand advertising, and work hard every day to prove its value; we know if companies can measure the value of those dollars, they’ll spend more. Brand advertising pays for not only the movies we watch and music we hear, but the journalism we read and the information we access. In short, brand advertising supports the free flow of information through society. So, we’re proud to be the first company dedicated to using data science to show enterprises the true effectiveness of their brand spend.
We are backed by leading venture investors (Y Combinator, Uncork Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Initialized Capital, PivotNorth, Ridge Ventures, Industry Ventures, Conductive Ventures,) and leading MarTech founders & CEOs.
We’re a humble but ambitious team that takes its work seriously but never ourselves. Come join us.
The Enterprise Sales Director is the engine for Upwave’s business which is doubling annually. Our senior individual contributor sales people are running complex sales cycles with a very technical product. Our sales people have deep expertise in Adtech, Martech and programmatic platforms and understand how to sell cross functionally and leverage the internal Upwave team to close business. This is a senior level sales role selling our brand lift platform and audience creation engine to large holding company agencies and enterprise brand marketers who rely on us to do their job effectively.
What you will do:
Upwave is looking for a top-producing Enterprise Sales Director who can expand our client base in the East Coast region. Our coverage in the region has been light compared to coastal markets so you will be tasked with the huge opportunity to evangelize and sell to a hungry and untapped market.
- You don’t shy away from challenges, can function autonomously in an unstructured environment, and can ruthlessly prioritize to set yourself up for success.
- You’re fired up for the opportunity to be first rep in-market and immediately make waves.
- You thrive at managing a multiple month sales cycle, prospecting to close - and setting those customers up for repeat business.
- You’ll be a voice for our customers on the East Coast, and help shape cross-functional process to serve their needs.
- You will invest the time to truly understand the client’s needs, then communicate precisely to our internal teams on how we can best serve them.
- Experience working with the large agency holding companies and blue-chip brands in the Fortune 500, and a deep understanding of how to engage multiple departments and partners to get deals done.
- You understand the politics in the media world that exist between brand, agency, and network/publisher sell-side and can read a room (and a Zoom) easily.
- You’re a digital native; programmatic marketing and technology platforms linking buy and sell-side platforms are familiar to you. You can explain how digital data is created, passed, and commercialized to a VP of Product or a 5-year-old.
- You do not shy away from a complex and technical sale.
- You engage with customers with a focus on metrics, data and action. When faced with customers focused on bottom-funnel metrics like CPCV, CPM, Viewability or CPA you can help tie those bottom-funnel metrics back to a bigger picture like LTV and ROAS.
- You are motivated by big growth targets and big, uncapped, commissions.
- You value quality of work over quantity, and strategy is an integral part of your sales cycle. Hustle is in your DNA.
- You are thoughtful & introspective about your sales approach; it bothers you when people don’t consider sales an intellectual pursuit.
- You understand the value of networking. Opportunities exist everywhere, and you look to add value to those in your network as you build it.
- At the end of the day, your goal is to provide the best and most informed customer experience, close your deals and drive in revenue.
- You are an Enterprise seller with 10+ years of experience and have held at least a $1.5 million of new customer revenue annual quota - you exceed your quota year after year.
- You have been successful at selling Adtech solutions and platforms. You understand the ecosystem and how the technical puzzle pieces fit together.
- You are able to navigate an enterprise sales cycle and have the ability to appeal to executive decision makers (Senior Directors, VPs, C-Suite).
- You have the ability to pitch Upwave, act as a domain expert (get technical when needed!) and effectively manage the procurement to close process.
- The startup world is not foreign to you. You know how to sell a product without a huge name behind you and more importantly, you understand and appreciate how processes can be ever-changing and ambiguity can be the norm. You are a self-starter, can find answers yourself, and don’t always need someone to show you what to do next.
- You are on a constant hunt to deepen your knowledge and enjoy collaborating cross functionally to create best of breed solutions for our customers. This is an individual contributor role, but you value teamwork.
Upwave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.